Sunday Nippers is focussed on developing skills in Surf Lifesaving and other important motor skills in a relaxed & fun environment. For those wishing to develop their skills and fitness further we provide various training options.
- Proficiency must have been met to train.
- Competition is encouraged but not compulsory.
- Bring googles if you need them for swimming.
- Please discuss training options with your Age Manager/Coaches to identify the best options for your Nipper.
- Check the Calendar to confirm latest training start dates/times.
- Join Caba Beach SLSC Nippers TEAMAPP to get the latest details regarding venues, timing and cancellations as this is OUR ONLY FORM OF COMMUNICATION.
TEAMAPP is compulsory – it is our ONLY form of communication. Please download from AppStore or GooglePlay & search for “Caba Beach SLSC Nippers”. Click on Settings, then Access Groups & you can subscribe to the relevant groups you need to receive messages for (eg child’s age group, Friday Sprint training, Wednesday Board training, etc.)
- All training apart from the camps is included in your membership.
Weekly training during the Nippers season
TRAINING TIME AGE GROUPS
Junior Board Training Wednesday 4.30pm (U9-U10)
Senior Board Training Thursday 4.30pm (U11-U14)
Sprint/Flag Training Friday 4.30pm (U6-U14)
SPRINT & FLAGS TRAINING U6-U14
Sprint training sessions are run at Cabarita Beach SLSC or Hastings Point during the Nippers season. The start of training is noted in the Calendar.
A parent or carer must be in attendance at all training sessions.
Speed/Endurance/Performance sprint training will be held at Cabarita Beach SLSC during Sprint/Flag training. These sessions will benefit both beach and water competitors. Sprinters will benefit from speed endurance and race speed for sprint, relay, flags and water transitions during carnivals. A contract needs to be signed committing to the training for the season.
Training dates can be found in the Calendar. Join Caba Beach SLSC Nippers TEAMAPP to get the latest details regarding venues, timing and cancellations as this is OUR ONLY FORM OF COMMUNICATION.
BOARD TRAINING U9 – U14
Board training sessions are run from the Club by our Head Coach and coaching team. All are experienced surf lifesaving competitors and most still regularly compete. Training takes place at Cabarita Beach SLSC or Hastings Point depending on conditions. Check TeamsApp for times.
All sessions are open to U9-U14.
Parental help with water safety is required for the sessions to take place.
No water safety = no water training
To find out more please speak to your Age Manager.