Training, Courses and Education
Cabarita Beach SLSC prides themselves in their education & training programs. Helping members of our club and the community learn new skills, gain qualifications or simply feel more confident in the water is exactly what we love to do! We have a passionate and hard working team of trainers and assessors that will help you gain the skills you need and want.
The courses we offer at Cabarita Beach SLSC are;
Bronze Medallion (Certificate in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue) )
Surf Rescue Certificate
Radio Operators Certificate
Once you hold your Bronze you can then continue on and gain your;
(we teach both)
You can also go on to gain many other certificates through Branch once your Bronze has been achieved.
Once a person is a member of Cabarita Beach SLSC they can do a Branch run
First Aid Certificate (then go onto)
Advanced Resuscitation Techniques Certificate
If you have any questions or are interested in getting involved, please contact out Chief Training Officer, Sharnah Bowen, on email@example.com or submit your interest in the contact form.
UPCOMING COURSE INFORMATION
Bronze Medallion / SRC (Radios, Resuscitation, Signals) Run-Swim-Run, Tube/Board Rescue
IRB Driver/Crew to follow each proficiency.
Have concluded for this year. E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org to request a date.
Outside of these dates you will need to attend other club proficiencies which will be announced soon.
PLEASE ENSURE YOUR MEMBERSHIP IS CURRENT BEFORE ATTENDING PROFICIENCY.
YOU MUST ALSO COMPLETE YOUR ONLINE SKILLS MAINTENANCE BEFORE ATTENDING ANY PROFICIENCY.
Bronze Medallion & Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)
NEXT COURSE STARTS: Wednesday 2nd February 2023. Info night Sunday 23rd January 2023.
E-MAIL: email@example.com to enrol and reserve your place in the course.
- 400m pool swim in 9 mins or less in a pool length no less than 25 metres – please give this a try and work on your swimming prior to the course start.
- A keen attitude to learn some new life-saving skills, make new friends & challenge yourself.
- All ages welcome, must be 15 years of age at date of final assessment.
SRC – Surf Rescue Certificate with CPR Endorsement
NEXT COURSE STARTS: Wednesday 2nd February 2023
E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org to enrol and reserve your place in the course
- 200m pool swim in 5 mins or less in a pool length no less than 25 metres – please give this a try and work on your swimming prior to the course start.
- All ages welcome, must be 12 years 9 months to start training and 13 years of age at date of final assessment.
COURSES HELD AT OTHER CLUBS:
Silver Medallion Beach Management
Radio Operators certificate (minimum requirement for Drone course)
Silver Medallion Aquatic Rescue
Provide First Aid