Training, Courses and Education
Cabarita Beach SLSC prides themselves in their education & training programs. Helping members of our club and the community learn new skills, gain qualifications or simply feel more confident in the water is exactly what we love to do! We have a passionate and hard working team of trainers and assessors that will help you gain the skills you need and want.
The courses we offer at Cabarita Beach SLSC are;
Bronze Medallion (Certificate in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue) )
Surf Rescue Certificate
Radio Operators Certificate
Once you hold your Bronze you can then continue on and gain your;
(we teach both)
You can also go on to gain many other certificates through Branch once your Bronze has been achieved.
Once a person is a member of Cabarita Beach SLSC they can do a Branch run
First Aid Certificate (then go onto)
Advanced Resuscitation Techniques Certificate
If you have any questions or are interested in getting involved, please contact out Chief Training Officer, Sharnah Bowen, on firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your interest in the contact form.
UPCOMING COURSE INFORMATION
Bronze Medallion & Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)
E-MAIL: TRAINING@CABASLSC.ORG.AU TO RESERVE YOUR PLACE ON THE COURSE
- 400m pool swim in 9 mins or less in a pool length no less than 25 metres – please give this a try and work on your swimming prior to the course start.
- A keen attitude to learn some new life-saving skills, make new friends & challenge yourself.
- All ages welcome, must be 15 years of age at date of final assessment.
9:15- Wet Assessment Start
SRC – Surf Rescue Certificate with CPR Endorsement
NEXT COURSE STARTS: TBC
- 200m pool swim in 5 mins or less in a pool length no less than 25 metres – please give this a try and work on your swimming prior to the course start.
- All ages welcome, must be 12 years 9 months to start training and 13 years of age at date of final assessment.
ilver Medallion Beach Management
@ Cudgen Training Rooms
26th August 5:30pm-8:30 pm
Sunday 29th 9:00am- 12:00pm
Radio Operators certificate (minimum requirement for Drone course)
@ Cudgen Training Room
1st September- 5:30pm-7:00pm
@ Cudgen Training Rooms/ Cudgen Oval
3rd / 4th September
Silver Medallion Aquatic Rescue
@ Cudgen Training Rooms / Cudgen Creek
10th September – 5:30-9:00pm
11th September- 9:00am-2:00pm (creek)
@ Ballina Training Room
10th / 11th Sep (times to be advised)
Provide First Aid
@ Cudgen Training Rooms
15th September -5:30-7:30
16th September- 5:30-8:30