Cabarita Nippers provides most, if not all of the equipment needed for Sunday activities and Carnivals, including Nipper boards. It is available for the use of all registered Nippers.
AGE GROUP EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
|U6/7||Nipper cap (first name written on the side in bold) & Pink high-vis vest|
|U8||Nipper cap & Pink high-vis vest|
|U9-14||Nipper cap & Pink high-vis vest, Goggles|
- Cabarita Beach SLSC Swimmers must be worn when competing in carnival as well as our Competition Cap.
- Pink high Vis vests are worn quite tight so that they don’t drag in the water when swimming.
- Nippers who are competing like to have a pair of goggles and a spare.
- Our shop also stocks Cabarita Beach SLSC branded rash vests, T-shirts, shorts, towels, baseball caps etc. which are popular with the Nippers.
Click here for opening hours at the Cabarita Beach SLSC Uniform Shop.
AGE GROUP BOARD TYPE
|U9/10||Foamie or soft Board|
|U11/12/13||Fibreglass Nippers Board|
|U14||Fibreglass Mal (Malibu) Board|
Borrow – We have foamie and fibreglass boards available for use by Nipper members during Sunday Nipper activities and club training. These are available from the back of the club before the start of Sunday Nippers or any training session.
These boards need to be signed out. They must be returned to the club, washed and signed in straight after Nippers or training.
Training and competition equipment are expensive both to purchase and maintain and we are fortunate to have it. Therefore, it is important that these items and all other gear and equipment is handled and cared for correctly.
Please report any damaged gear immediately to your Age Manager or the Gear Steward.
Buy – many Nippers who compete or train regularly buy their own boards. Please do not use another Nipper’s board without first getting permission.
Note – the Clb cannot be held responsible for any damage to private boards.
CARING FOR YOUR CLUB BOARD
- Please carry rather than drag your board. If a Nipper is too small to carry the board then it should be carried with another Nipper
- Avoid leaving boards lying in direct sunlight for a long time (this causes them to bubble).
- Do not throw boards down on the sand.
- Kneeling (on Nipper boards) and standing on all Club boards is strictly prohibited – they are not designed to be used in this way.
- Please report any damage immediately to the Gear Steward.
- After use please wash off all the sand and return the board to the back of the club.
- Borrowed Club boardsMUST be returned immediately after the conclusion of training or Nippers.
Any mistreatment or misuse of boards will result in the loss of usage rights to that equipment and Parents may be asked to contribute to the cost of repairs as a result.
It is the responsibility of the board user to ensure that the board they are using at Carnivals is carrying the correct Scrutineering Stamp/Sticker. Contact the Gear Steward if you need to arrange for your board to be scrutineered.
We have limited storage capacity for boards and are not able to offer storage for privately owned foamie or fibreglass Nipper boards. We do allocate storage space to U14s who are training and competing on the Fibreglass Mals. To find out more please contact our Gear Steward. [link to About us/Committee]